Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fashion Week food drop

by Chloe Angyal

Eating disorders are not about food. That's counterintuitive, I know, but it's crucial to understanding why people binge, purge and starve themselves. It's never about food - it's about anxiety and self-loathing and insecurity, and food or overexercise are just the media in which those emotions are expressed. As we say in the Eating Concerns Advisers, an eating disorder is a food answer to a non-food problem. So these guys got it really wrong.

But, because last week was New York Fashion Week, and because this week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, because my fellow Australian Hugh Jackman is hosting the Oscars tonight and because my thesis is leaving me in serious need of a giggle... I'm posting this video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home